1. Members of the Board of Ensemble Español are expected to be fully committed and dedicated to the mission of the organization.
2. Board members are expected to attend and be fully prepared for all board meetings and all relevant committee meetings and board retreats. Dates of the board meetings are set in advance so that Board members can plan to be present.
3. Each Board member is also expected to serve on at least one standing committee. Board members are assigned to committees which match their interests. Committees meet at the call of the chair and as often as needed.
4. Each Board member is expected to join the Heritage Circle which requires a minimum personal gift of $100 annually. In addition, each Board member shall make every effort to provide at least an additional $1,000 of contributions annually. The additional $1,000 minimum contribution may be originated from direct donation, letter solicitation, support of benefit events, or by obtaining gifts from individuals, corporations, governments and foundations.
5. Board members are expected to become significantly and actively engaged in the fundraising activities of Ensemble Español as designed and lead by the Fundraising Committee. These activities may include individual solicitation, undertaking special events, writing mail appeals, and the like. Board members are expected to make a good faith agreement to do their best and to raise as much money as they can for the organization.
6. Board members are encouraged to regularly attend performances and fund raising events in support of Ensemble Español. Board members should actively assist in the planning and execution of events as needed.
7. Board members should actively identify and cultivate new prospects for Board membership and leadership.
8. Board members serve for a 2 year term and may be re-elected for an unlimited number of terms. Board members are encouraged to serve at least two terms.
If a Board member is unable to meet these obligations it is expected that he/she will resign their position or choose not to run for re-election at the end of their term.
To apply to become a member of the Ensemble Español Executive Board please contact Giuseppa DiCesare
at 773-442-5919 or via email at