Seeking a part-time Development Manager
The Ensemble Español Spanish Dance Theater seeks a part-time Development Manager to develop, implement, evaluate and manage annual fundraising plan. There is the possibility of the position becoming full time with benefits.
In collaboration with the Executive Director and Director of Operations, the Development Manager will be responsible for managing private fundraising activities including but not limited to individual giving, corporate/foundation relations, government grants and special events. The successful candidate will work collaboratively across the organization to engage boards, committee members, volunteers, executive leadership and management to identify opportunities for philanthropic support and sponsorship. The Development Manager will report directly to the Executive Director.
• Develop and implement an annual fundraising strategy, including quarterly activities and metrics
• Develop and implement an annual donor communications strategy, including an annual report, in collaboration with the communications team
• Create, manage and implement individual giving programs
• Plan and execute fundraising and cultivation events, including small receptions and an annual fundraising gala
• Develop, cultivate and grow relationships with major donors
• Prepare and implement direct mail and email solicitations
• Diversify the organization’s fundraising base
• In collaboration with program staff and the Executive Director, write high-quality, accurate grant proposals and reports for funders and ensure their timely deliveries to funders.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must embrace the mission of the Ensemble Español
• Bachelor’s degree in Communications, nonprofit management or related field required
• 5-7 years of experience in fundraising and communications
• Successful and progressive background in fundraising and stewardship, particularly with diverse groups and communities
• Successful cultivation of major gifts
• Strong interpersonal and writing skills including excellent presentation, writing, editing and proofreading skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies including volunteers, program participants, individual and major donors
• Advanced computer skills including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and desktop publishing software
• Demonstrated/hands on experience with fundraising databases
• Self-motivated with an ability to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
• Must be detail-oriented and have utmost integrity
• Must have ability to prioritize multiple assignments
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
• Initiative, sound judgment, and an ability to work collaboratively to move programs and prospects forward.
• Time management skills in the context of multiple competing priorities.
• Careful attention to detail and a commitment to quality and timeliness in all work.
• Proficiency in the full suite of Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Reliability, flexibility and sensitivity to issues of confidentiality.
• Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, as necessary.
• Professional demeanor
Disclaimer: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.